Bird of Smithfield
$ $ $
- Occupying an elegant Georgian townhouse, the venue has an understated, member's club vibe and a fuss-free menu offering British classics such as pigs cheeks, calves liver and caviar from Devon.
- A really cool looking place with friendly staff and gr8 food.
- Very nice roof top terrace. Small but really nice.
- Check out the roof terrace! Have the signature shepherd's pie. Read our full review on Scoff London: http://scofflondon.com/restaurants/bird-of-smithfield-review-ec1/
- Try shepherdss pie
- We only had some cocktails in here, but the atmosphere and service were excellent! Prickly Mezcal cocktail was my pick
- I think I found another gem.
- Amazing scallops, great hake. Fish and chips also very tasty. A bit on the expensive side, but worth it!
- Cocktails on the rooftop in the summer!
- Good burgers that come with properly done chips/fries.
- Don't buy the 30 prosecco it's really poor quality. Food was good though.
- Cute little rooftop terrace!
- Good to go here for British classics. Just expect to pay a "modern price" (50% more than you'd think)
- Great on a Friday
- Highly recommend the lunch menu - three courses for 19 and the food was excellent. Terrific value. The minute steak (pictured) was well cooked and generously sized.
- Check out the roof terrace and lunch menu a fair bit cheaper than dinner in the restaurant. The burger and triple cooked chips are incredible.
- Food was pretty good but lacked atmosphere on a Saturday night....
- The food is good and the wine is great.
- The Heritage Tomato starter was possibly one of the best dishes I've ever had.
- Great fine food by chef Alan Bird