Ah-Ma's Taiwanese Kitchen
931 Monroe Dr NE Ste A108
Atlanta, GA 30308
- Ohhh, the Veggie Bao! W/ tofu & pickled veggies, you know they have to pack a punch of flavor for peeps to order this over the meats (unless you're a veggie of course). That said, I'd pick this first!
- Really delicious food! One of my favorite restaurants. The Shrimp Bun and Lu Rou Fan are must-try-items~
- Great decoration and authentic Taiwanese food!! Lu Rou fan is a must try!
- Great selection of Taiwanese food. Delicious.
- Located near the Eastside Trail's intersection with Monroe Drive in Midtown, this small restaurant serves excellent Taiwanese street foods like bao, cold noodles, and lu rou fan.
- Remember, closed on Wednesdays!
- The Bao is amazing. Go for the Pork Belly Bao!
- A steaming bowl of beef noodle soup is the ultimate Taiwanese comfort food. Here, hunks of tender, slow-cooked flank steak; plump noodles; pickled mustard greens; and veggies simmer in broth.
- The Dirty Bird bao features crispy and moist fried chicken cutlet tucked into steamed buns that are firm on the outside and soft on the inside. The spicy wasabi aioli tops it all off.
- Not a fan of the Sweet Potato Balls. The texture was nice: mochi-like in the center & fried crunchiness on the outside. But there was a taste I didn't like at the end & after 1 of these I was done.
- Lu Rao Fan: party in your mouth when you combine all the ingredients. Multiple textures, layers of flavors, & temperature differences of the cold daikon & hot rice make this dish a must when you visit
- Steamed Pork Belly: simple, but packed with flavor. The sauce was a bit salty, but mellowed out as you continued chewing. I'd definitely order this again even though I was planning on choosing another
- Currently closed and will resume normal business hours on Dec 5th.
- It's a cute small restaurant so seating is limited. You're more than likely to be sat down first if there are just two of you.
- If your lucky you can snag the parking spot reserved for Ah-Ma
- bring a small group of friends to sample more of their small plates. recommend the salt & pepper chicken, lu rou fan, and egg pancake roll. the broth in the beef noodle soup tasted more like soy sauce
- Try the shrimp Bao and pork belly Bao!
- Beef Noodle Soup and Pork Belly Buns are excellent. Will be back to try the Salt & Pepper Chicken, Lu Rou Fan, and Hot & Sour Soup.
- Back here again... The egg pancake is pretty neat. Slow cooked oxtail is amazing. Chinese broccoli is yum. Hot & sour soup is solid.
- The food here is decent for those who wish to get a taste of Taiwan. I would not say it is the best, but it's not the worst either.