Red Hook Lobster Pound
Food Truck, Seafood
$ $ $
- Village Voice is excited to have Red Hook Lobster Pound at the 2012 Choice Eats food fest! Full list of restaurants here: http://ow.ly/8QjDQ
- Sweet mamma Jackson, the lobster roll is good (don't look at the price and get 2). Someday this truck and Luke's truck should park on the same street and settle it once and for all.
- The Maine-style roll is lathered with homemade mayo; the Connecticut-style is tangy and delicious with butter. (It's hard to choose.) Make sure to try one of the super-sweet whoopie pies, too.
- Spending $19 for lunch at a food truck is an expensive way of learning you don't like lobster rolls. Maine style was good, but I just expected more for $19...
- There is nothing tastier than this. Get a Connecticut roll, a blueberry soda and some salt & vinegar chips, and mentally prepare for the best lunch ever.
- Red Hook Lobster Pound Truck will be rollin' to the Village Voice's Choice Streets food truck tasting event on 4/24 at Pier 86 / The Intrepid! More info here: http://ow.ly/9M1oK
- The warm Connecticut style lobster roll is my favorite in the city. What's great is they've at most every flea market and food truck rally so they're pretty easy to catch.
- Maine style is the way to go.
- New Yorkers don't need to go to New England for a good lobster roll. Thanks to Big Red, Red Hook Lobster Pound's lobster shack on wheels, they only need to walk to the curb.
- I got lobster roll twice!! It's a m a z i n g!! I wish they serve sliced lemon with it, it would enhance the flavor
- Blueberry soda is delish
- in #fiDi on Thursdays
- The Conneticut Lobster Roll is worth every penny. Don't pass by this truck!
- Se esta pela redondeza vale a pena. Mas no iria s por isso.
- Awesome lobster roll, get out of the comfort zone and get yourself a Tuscan, the mix lobster + pesto is a win! Seriously good!
- Caught the Red Hook truck in Kips Bay - awesome Connecticut Style Lobster Roll with chips for Lunch - makes you feel like the weekend is almost here.
- The lobster roll, small but amazing. The roll is adequately buttery, the lobster fresh coated with aioli and a pinch of old bay!
- The Maine style lobster roll is superior to the Connecticut style, and I like the shrimp roll too. The Tuscan is always sold out, it seems.
- Great lobster roll options, but obviously the Maine style is the best. Plus, the fact that you can get a roll, chips, and a drink for $20 is practically a steal
- 2oz Lobster BLT was the perfect amount of lobster and thick bacon to satisfy me without breaking the bank.