- 4 small organic beets
- 1/2 organic onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 organic pluot, sliced
- 1/4 small organic watermelon, cubed and seeds removed
- 1/2 striped organic Armenian cucumber, 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 Cup organic arugula
- 20 organic pistachio nuts, shucked
- 1 Tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon organic sugar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 Cup organic feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Place beets in 2 different pots, one for red and one for orange. Add water to cover. Add salt to taste in each pot. Bring to a boil. Cook until soft on a low boil, about 1 hour. Remove from water and chill to room temperature.
Peel and slice vertically into quarters. Meanwhile, place torpedo onions in a small bowl. Add red-wine vinegar, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Mix and set aside.
Place beets on platter. We crisscrossed the 2 different colors. Add watermelon on top. Place a pile of arugula on top. Top with pickled onions. Reserve the pickling juice. Drizzle olive oil into the vinegar combination, whisking until emulsified. Set aside. This will be the vinaigrette. Add cucumbers on the sides of the dish. Place pluots around sides. Sprinkle pistachios. Drizzle vinaigrette over top. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve.