Garbanzo Beans and Tofu sautéed with very little oil, flavored with Asian sauces and spiced with fresh ground red chili paste, enhanced with some carrots and green onions and served on fresh lettuce leaves topped with some citrus juice.
So Healthy! So Refreshing! So Delicious!!
For nutritional details click here
- 3 dry whole red chilies (seeds removed)
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic (chopped/paste)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
- ¼ cup white of green onions
- ¼ cup julienned carrots
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 cups crumbled tofu (extra firm)
- 1 cup chickpeas (boiled and drained)
- 3/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Soak the whole red chilies in warm water for 10 minutes and grind into a smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan/wok and add garlic, ginger and sesame seeds.
- Add scallions/green onions into the pan and sauté well.
- Add carrots and mix again.
- Add the prepared chili paste, soy sauce, and vinegar and mix very well.
- Add Tofu, mix, cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, salt and maple syrup. Mix and again cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add cilantro mix properly and turn off the flame.
- Serve the tofu chickpeas mix on the fresh lettuce leaves and top it with few drops of lemon juice.