- 1 15.8-ounce can Great Northern beans, such as BUSHS, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5-ounce can beans with chili sauce, such as BUSHS Great Northern Chili Beans
- 1 15.5-ounce can white hominy, such as BUSHS, drained
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ Cup tomatillo salsa
- Shredded cheese, nonfat Greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips, for serving
Using a food processor, purée 1 cup of the Great Northern beans; set aside.
Heat the oil in a stock pot over medium heat. Add the peppers and cumin, and cook 3 minutes.
Add the water, broth, salsa, chili beans, hominy, puréed beans, and remaining Great Northern beans; stir well to combine.
Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat, and cook 15 to 20 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheese, Greek yogurt, cilantro, and tortilla chips.