Spicy Peach Salsa Chicken Wings
In the summertime, you would want to use fresh sweet peaches, but since we are in the midst of winter, canned peaches will do you just fine. If you’ve got a gourmet market nearby, check out the condiment aisle. Peach salsa is the new mango chutney, so your prep might be made even easier.
- 1 Cup sliced canned peaches, drained and chopped
- 1/3 Cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ Teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 Teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Pound chicken wings
In a bowl, mix the peaches, onion, garlic, ginger, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cilantro, and lime. Season with salt and pepper.
Pour salsa and wings in the slow cooker and cook on medium–low for 4 hours.