- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Pounds shrimp, peeled and de-veined, tails pulled off
- 2 Cups chopped mango
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 1/2 Cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 Cups diced avocado
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- White rice, for serving
Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook the onion until transluscent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook until halfway done about 2 minutes, then add the mango, lime juice, red pepper flakes, soy sauce, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook until the shrimp is pink and the mango is tender, about 5 more minutes.
Remove pan from heat and add the avocado, stir well to combine, and serve over white rice.