- 3/4 Pounds red-skinned potatoes, cut into very thin wedges
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon rosemary, dried or fresh
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 12 Ounces Johnsonville Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage, divided
- 1 Cup grape tomatoes
- 2 eggs, fried, scrambled, or poached
- 1/3 Cup Gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
In a bowl, combine thinly sliced potato wedges, onion slices, rosemary, and olive oil. Toss together.
Use half the package of sausages (about 7 links).
In a 10- to 12-inch skillet over medium heat, add potato mixture and cook for 5 minutes, turning the potatoes occasionally so that they start to brown on both sides. Add the sausages to the pan and continue cooking alongside the potatoes, another 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally to evenly brown the ingredients in the pan. Add the tomatoes, stir to combine, and heat through, allowing the tomatoes to brown slightly and burst, about 3 minutes.
With a spatula, carefully push ingredients to the sides of the pan, leaving a space in the center to fry or scramble your eggs just the way you like them. Remove from heat and sprinkle your egg skillet with shredded Gouda cheese and fresh basil.