Adapted from “The Country Cooking of Ireland” by Colman Andrews.
- 1 ounce dulse, soaked for 5 minutes in warm water, drained, and finely chopped
- ½ pound white cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons apple juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine the dulse, cabbage, scallions, and carrots in a large bowl.
Whisk the mayonnaise and apple juice together in a small bowl, then add to the slaw and toss well. Season generously with salt and pepper.