Between the Bread
Try this simple and hearty recipe when you need a little warmth on a chilly autumn day. You can even serve it with some crème fraîche or toasted pumpkin seeds for added decadence.
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, trimmed of tough green tops and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 2 1/4 Pounds seeded pumpkin cut into thick pieces
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/4 Teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 Cup frozen corn
- 6 Cups vegetable broth
Heat olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks and cook until very soft, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Stir in green peppers; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until peppers soften, about 8 more minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook until pumpkin is tender, about 30 minutes.