PointsPlus Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Sesame Seeds Recipe
Quick, easy, and healthy, this versatile side dish pairs well with tofu, seafood, and meat dishes. Serve with a little brown rice for a light meal.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 6 cups bok choy, cut crosswise ¼- to ½-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook until lightly toasted, shaking the pan frequently, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer the seeds to a shallow dish and set aside.
Heat the oil in the same skillet over medium-low heat. Add the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
Add the bok choy, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry over medium-high heat until the bok choy is tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the sesame seeds and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl.