PointsPlus Roasted Vegetables Recipe
Sometimes you just need a good, straightforward recipe for roasted vegetables to go with a quick weeknight dinner of pan-roasted chicken or fish. Well, here it is.
Note: If you like your vegetables well done, broil them on high for 1-2 minutes at the end of cooking.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 medium-sized sweet red peppers, cut into 8 thick strips
- 1 medium-sized green peppers, cut into 8 thick strips
- 1 medium-sized yellow summer squash, cut on a bias into thick slices
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, cut on a bias into thick slices
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut into large wedges
- 12 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 tablespoon thyme, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. Arrange the peppers, squash, zucchini, onion, and artichokes on the baking sheets and coat with cooking spray. Season with the thyme, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the oven and roast until the vegetables are tender and golden brown, shaking the pan once or twice during cooking, about 25-30 minutes.