PointsPlus Roasted Fennel and Carrots Recipe
Try this easy and healthy side dish as an accompaniment to a chicken, pasta, or fish dish. If you’ve never had roasted fennel before, it’s a must try.
*Note: Feel free to substitute 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, ¼ cup minced fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon for the orange zest.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 medium carrots, sliced thinly
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced thinly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons navel orange zest, minced (optional)*
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
Place the carrots and fennel in a single layer on the roasting pan and coat with cooking spray. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the vegetables begin to turn lightly golden, about 15-20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with zest. Serve.