- 1 pound large shrimp (about 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
Mix the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and set in the refrigerator. Meanwhile, off heat, coat the grill grate with cooking spray and prepare a charcoal grill for high-heat cooking or preheat a gas grill for high-heat cooking.
Set shrimp on the grate directly over the heat. Cover grill and cook for 3 minutes. Then brush shrimp with any remaining marinade. Turn them, cover grill and continue cooking until shrimp turn white with pink stripes and are firm, about 2 minutes.