PointsPlus Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Who says you can’t have fettuccine Alfredo on a diet? Whole-wheat pasta gives this dish a healthy edge, while cutting out some of the heavy cream and using Greek yogurt instead maintains the richness, while cutting down on calories. It’s a win-win.
- 6 medium-sized cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for cooking pasta
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup canned chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole-milk plain Greek yogurt
- 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped finely
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
Rub the garlic over the chicken and reserve the garlic. Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the salt and pepper and rub in the seasonings with your hands. Set aside.
Off heat, coat the skillet with cooking spray and then set over medium-low heat. Sauté the garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook until golden, flipping once, about 5 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, heavy cream, and yogurt. Pour the mixture over the chicken and scrape the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to incorporate seasonings. Simmer the chicken gently, turning once, about 30 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, bring a medium-sized pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. Remove the chicken from the cream sauce and set aside. Add Parmesan cheese and mix until well combined. Add the cooked pasta and 3 tablespoons of the parsley and toss well. Serve the pasta topped with chicken and the rest of the parsley.