- 6 Large hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Distilled white vinegar
- 1 Small beet, peeled and sliced
- 1 Small onion, sliced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Whole-grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
In medium-sized saucepan, add the water, vinegar, beet, onion, sugar, bay leaf, and salt. Cover the saucepan and let the mixture cook for 20 minutes, until the beet is tender. Cool completely, uncovered. Put the mix in a container or a jar with the eggs. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Once you are ready to serve, pat each egg dry and cut in half lengthwise. In a bowl, mix yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, and salt and pepper. Use two spoons or a piping bag to fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture.