- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into one inch pieces
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored, and julienned
- 4 Ounces peppergreens, such as organicgirl PEPPERGREENS
- 3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
To roast the sweet potato, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the sweet potato on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast for 25 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup to make vinaigrette; set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the apple and sauté for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the PEPPERGREENS and cranberries and sauté until the greens are wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the vinaigrette. Toss well to combine. Gently fold in sweet potatoes and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.