The Paleo Diet’s Salmon Caesar Salad Recipe
Everyone loves a fresh Caesar salad. The omega 3s in this recipe combined with the freshest of ingredients make an ideal dish that will quickly become a regular part of your Paleo meals.
Adapted from "The Paleo Diet Cookbook" by Loren Cordain with Nell Stephenson and Lorrie Cordain.
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- ¼ small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed flaxseed oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon crushed mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to broil. Brush flesh side of salmon fillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place in baking pan flesh side down. Brush skin with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Broil for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together lettuce and onion. Combine flaxseed oil, garlic, mustard seed, and lemon juice in a small jar and shake well. Toss with lettuce and onion. Serve topped with salmon fillet and season with freshly ground pepper.