Mango Turkey Sliders
If you’re seeking a healthy, flavorful burger to grill up this summer, look no further than this unique, delicious turkey slider.
This recipe is courtesy of National Mango Board.
- 2 mangos (about 2 pounds), peeled and pitted
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 Pound 95% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 Cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions, white and light green parts chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 10 whole-wheat burger slider buns
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head butter lettuce, washed and torn into large pieces
Dice 1 mango.
In a blender or food processor, puree the mango with olive oil until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine pureed mango, ground turkey, breadcrumbs, green onions, garlic, thyme, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat. Clean and oil grill grates.
Form turkey mix into 10 small patties.
Cook until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, about 15 minutes total, flipping halfway through cooking.
Remove from grill and place on clean platter, tent with foil and set aside.
Peel remaining mango with vegetable peeler. Cut a small section off the bottom of the remaining mango so it sits on cutting board. Slice mango from the cheek in, creating small disks.
Place turkey burgers on whole-wheat buns and top with sliced mango, red onion, and butter lettuce.