Lasagna has long been considered one of those Sunday suppers reserved for Italian grandmothers with nothing but time on their hands. Ragu is about change all of that for you with this No-Boil Lasagna recipe that takes just 10 minutes to prep and 1 hour of cook time. The recipe, printed on the back of a jar of Meat Creations Sweet Italian Sausage & Cheese sauce, calls for just six ingredients and — wait for it — three of them are cheese. Combine those with noodles and the sauce and you've got yourself a meal that has that “cooked-all–day” flavor in practically no time. Somewhere, Nonna is nodding in approval.
Recipe courtesy of Ragu
- 2 (15-ounce) containers ricotta cheese
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 Cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 jars (1 pound or 8 ouch each)tomato sauce, such as Ragu Traditional Sauce or Meat Creations Sweet Italian Sausage and Cheese Sauce
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and eggs in bowl; set aside.
Spread 1 cup Sauce in 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Layer 4 uncooked noodles, then 1 cup sauce and half of the ricotta cheese mixture; repeat. Top with remaining 4 uncooked noodles and remaining sauce.
Bake for 1 hour. Top with more cheese, if desired.