- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 Cup Arborio or short grain rice
- 1/2 Cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic,minced
- 1 Cup Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Breeze, warmed
- 1 Cup vegetable broth, warmed
- 1/4 Cup shredded smoked Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons each: shredded Parmesan cheese and smoked minced sun-dried tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 Cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 and 1/4 Cup Italian panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Marinara sauce, warmed
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: about 50 minutes
Chill time: at least 1 hour
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in rice, onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and stir in 1/4 of the Breeze and vegetable broth. Cook, stirring frequently, until liquid has cooked off. Repeat steps to use all of the liquid.
Remove from heat and stir in cheeses and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Let cool, then cover and chill until very cold.
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease. Using wet hands, shape rice into 20 small patties. Stir together breadcrumbs and Smokehouse Almonds. Roll each rice patty in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet. Coat liberally with cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot with marinara sauce for dipping.