- 1 12-ounce bag frozen cheesy rice and broccoli, such as Green Giant™ Steamers™
- ⅓ Cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can refrigerated crescent rounds (8 rounds), such as Pillsbury™
- 1 Tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 2 Teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- ⅛ Teaspoon finely chopped garlic
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Microwave the rice and broccoli as directed on bag. Place in a medium bowl; set aside.
In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of the cheese and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Separate the dough into 8 rounds. Place rounds 3 inches apart on a large, ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over rounds. Press the center of each round to form an indent 2 inches wide and ½ inch deep.
Add the remaining cheese, the cream, and 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel to the rice mixture; stir gently. Spoon slightly less than ¼ cup of the mixture into the indent of each round. Bake until golden brown, 10 to 16 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon peel, basil, and garlic. Remove the rounds from the oven; sprinkle with the basil mixture. Serve warm.