Jenny Engel and Heather Goldberg’s Mini Pistachio Chewy Bite Rum Bundt Cakes
Want a savory and boozy dessert t that won’t pack on the pounds? Try these mini Bundt cakes by Jenny Engel and Heather Goldberg, owners and chefs of a gourmet vegan food company, Spork Foods, in Los Angeles.
- 3/4 Cups un-sweetened almond milk plus 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 Cup organic un-bleached all purpose flour
- 1/4 -teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 -teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Cup evaporated cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon organic black strap molasses
- 1 Teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 -cup rum
- 1/4 -cup neutral tasting oil (Safflower)
- 1/3 Cup finely ground pistachios
- 3 pistachio chewy bites, such as Setton Farms Pistachio Chewy Bites
- 1/2 Cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 Teaspoons un-sweetened almond milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a measuring cup, add almond and apple cider vinegar and set aside to curdle, about 1-2 minutes.
To a large mixing bowl, add flour, cinnamon, allspice, baking powder, and sea salt and sugar and whisk until uniform. Add molasses, ginger, and vanilla extract, rum, oil and curdled almond milk mixture. Whisk until smooth and uniform.
Grease mini Bundt pan with cooking spray and sprinkle ground pistachios into each section. Tap to shake and evenly disperse pistachios in each section coating lining of each mini Bundt cake.
Dice pistachio bites into small pieces and place a few in each Bundt cake section. Pour about 1/3 cup batter into each Bundt cake.
Place in oven.
Meanwhile, whisk powdered sugar and almond milk until smooth, for icing.
Bake for 23-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and drizzle each cake with icing.