Peter Block/Feed Your Soul Too
“Simple but genius. Grilling the potatoes makes the potatoes very sturdy, they can then stand up to whatever dressing you create. I love the texture and the char created through this cooking method. The end result for the potatoes was perfect, I paired the potatoes with spiralized cucumbers and long slices of red onion.” – Peter Block of Feeding Your Soul Too.
- 2 Pounds fingerling potatoes, cut in thirds
- kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon celery salt
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 Cup olive oil, divided in half
- 1 Teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 Cup chopped parsley plus 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 English cucumber, spiralized
- 1/3 Cup thinly sliced red onion
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, cover the potatoes with oil and salt and mix well.
Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes or so. You want a good crisp on the potatoes. Set aside and let cool.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery salt and garlic.
Gradually whisk in the 1/8 cup of oil. Stir in the oregano and 1 teaspoon of minced parsley and season the dressing with salt and pepper.
Toss the potatoes with the dressing and season them with salt and pepper.
Fold in the cucumber, red onion and the 1/2 cup of chopped parsley and serve.