- 2 sprigs rosemary, stemmed and chopped finely
- 6 sprigs thyme, stemmed and chopped finely
- 4 sprigs oregano, stemmed and chopped finely
- 8 large sage leaves, stemmed and chopped finely
- 6 sprigs parsley, stemmed and chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 pound baby or regular portobello mushrooms, stemmed and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Four 10-inch flour or whole-wheat tortillas
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, grated
- 12 large basil leaves, chiffonade
Combine the herbs together in a bowl and mix until combined. Set aside. Heat a large, nonstick frying pan over high heat. Add 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, butter, and mushrooms, toss well, and sauté until golden, tossing from time to time, about 5-7 minutes.
Add the herbs and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and continue cooking for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Take 2 jelly roll pans and lay 2 tortillas side by side on each pan. Brush the top side of each tortilla with the remaining olive oil. Top with the mozzarella slices and the mushrooms. Sprinkle the Parmesan on top and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
Bake until edges are golden brown and crisp, about 10-12 minutes. Transfer each pizza to a large plate, top with the basil, cut in 4 slices and serve immediately.