- 1 Cup light corn syrup, preferably Karo
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter or almond butter
- 6 Cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 Cups crushed peppermint wheels or candy canes
In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook corn syrup and sugar together, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Bring mixture to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Stir in peanut butter; mix well.
Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
Pour mixture into greased 9-by-13-inch pan and pat into place.
In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together, stirring constantly.
Spread melted chocolate and butterscotch over cereal mixture.
Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top.
Allow everything to cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm.
Cut into bars.