- 2 1/2 Pounds pork butt/shoulder roast
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 Cups alcoholic ginger beer, such as Crabbie’s
- 4 burger buns
- Cabbage slaw, for garnish
- Carrot chips, for garnish
- Kimchi, for garnish
Rub the pork with garlic powder, sea salt, and soy sauce.
Place pork in a slow-cooker. Pour the barbecue sauce and ginger beer over the top. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. When tender and cooked through, remove from the slow-cooker. Using two forks, shred the pork. Return to the slow-cooker, and stir to cover in all the juices. Keep warm until ready to serve.
To serve, place pork on bottom half of bun, add slaw, chips, and kimchi, and place other half of bun on top.