- 2 large ripe pears, preferably D’Anjou or Bartlett, and not too ripe for best results
- ½ cup raw pine nuts
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme
- 2 ounces fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano, peeled with vegetable peeler, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces white truffle oil
- Juice of ½-1 lemon, to taste
- Salt, to taste
Slice pears 1/8-inch thick and place in mixing bowl with pine nuts, thyme and cheese. Dress with white truffle oil, lemon juice, and salt. Taste, and adjust seasoning if necessary with salt or lemon for acidity.
Place on chilled plates, garnish with fresh curls of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and if you’re feeling extravagant, an additional drizzle of white truffle oil.