- 2 Cups chickpeas, soaked in water overnight.
- 2 Cups celery, sliced thinly
- 1 Cup red onions, sliced thinly
- ½ Cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ Cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon sumac powder
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ Cup mint, chopped roughly
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Strain the chickpeas and place in large pot. Add a generous amount of kosher salt. Fill the pot so the chickpeas are fully submerged with plenty of water covering them. Bring the water to a boil and cook the chickpeas until they are tender (about 45 minutes). Strain the chickpeas and let them cool.
To make the dressing, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice, sumac, vegetable oil, and olive oil in a large bowl. Whisk mixture together and season with a few pinches of salt and black pepper.
Once the chickpeas are cool, mix them with the celery, red onions, and mint. Gradually toss with the dressing until well-seasoned.
To serve, top with extra mint and a drizzle of olive oil.