- Oil, for cooking
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 red chiles
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 Cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 green chiles
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup chicken stock
- 1 Teaspoon coriander seeds
- Whole garam masala (black and green cardamom, cloves, mace, cinnamon, bay leaf)
- 8 fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 Teaspoon kasoori methi
- 1 Teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 Pound chicken, dark or white meat, cut into large chunks
- 1 Teaspoon garam masala powder
In a large pan, heat some oil. Once hot, add cumin seeds and red chiles. Once it becomes fragrant, add the onions. Cook until golden brown and then add the turmeric and ginger garlic paste. Cook until the raw smell goes away. Add the tomatoes and green chiles, cover, and simmer until oil starts showing through tomatoes. Add to a blender and blend.
Melt some butter in the same pan, and then add the tomato blend. Add a little chicken stock to thin it out (the rest of the spices will make it thicker). Add the rest of the ingredients except for the chicken, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and simmer chicken for 20 minutes, or until chicken has cooked completely.
Finish by stirring in garam masala powder.