Indulge in this flavorful vegetarian dish using Hampton Creek’s Just Mayo Italian dressing. The dressing has a tart vinegar flavor with sweet and savory herbs.
Recipe courtesy of Hampton Creek.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper, cracked
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Just Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups parsley, leaves only, packed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons toasted pepitas
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Cut cauliflower lengthwise through core into four "steaks." Rinse and lightly pat dry.
Lightly brush the cauliflower steaks with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place cauliflower on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes, then gently turn over and cook for an additional 15 minutes. Remove when tender and evenly browned.
While the cauliflower bakes, add the Just Italian dressing, garlic, mustard, parsley, lemon juice and red pepper flakes to a food processor or blender. Give several quick pulses then blend until a smooth, thick sauce forms.
Spoon the verde sauce evenly across the cooked cauliflower.
Sprinkle with toasted pepitas.