- 1 8-ounce package jambalaya mix
- 4 small green peppers
- 3/4 Pounds fully cooked andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 16-ounce can tomato juice
- Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
Prepare jambalaya mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, cut peppers lengthwise in half; remove seeds.
In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Add jalapeno; cook 1 minute longer.
Stir sausage mixture into prepared jambalaya. Spoon into pepper halves. Place in a greased 13-inch x 9-inch. baking dish; pour tomato juice over and around peppers.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Serve with hot sauce if desired.
Editor's Note: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.