This pizza has an unexpected topping — blueberries. During the summer months, why not use fresh berries when you have them? Make a pizza with pancetta, three cheeses, and top with blueberries and fresh basil. It'll be an exceptionally delicious pizza that everyone will be asking about.
- Sprinkle of flour
- 1 ½ Cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ Cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 4 Ounces diced pancetta (can also use bacon or ham if pancetta is not available), cooked and drained
- ¼ Cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 Cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ Cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Lightly flour a work surface. Pat and stretch dough into a 10-by-14-inch oval; place on a large baking sheet. With a fork, pierce dough in several places. Leaving a 1-inch border, sprinkle dough with the gorgonzola, pancetta, red onion, and half the mozzarella. Bake until crust is golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle blueberries and remaining mozzarella over pizza; bake until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Remove from oven; top with basil and pepper.