- 2 organic bacon sliced, diced
- 6 Ounces organic Alaskan halibut
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 3 Tablespoons organic butter, divded
- 1 organic yellow squash, cut in half-moon slices
- 1 medium size organic tomato, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 Cup cooked organic entils
- 1/2 organic shallot, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh organic tarragon, chiffonade
- 1 Tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside. In a small bowl, place tarragon, shallot, red-wine vinegar, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Whisk in olive oil slowly. Set side until ready to use. Add salt and pepper to both sides of the halibut. Place in a clean pan with some grapeseed oil.
Sear on both sides. Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons butter to pan. Place halibut in a 325-degree oven to finish cooking for 3-4 minutes.
Meanwhile, in another pan place butter and melt on medium-high. Place squash, add salt and pepper in pan and sear the outside. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes to the pan. Add more salt and pepper. Add bacon and oregano to the pan. Mix well. Turn off heat.
Place lentils on the bottom of a serving platter. Top with squash and tomato mixture. Place halibut on top. Drizzle small amount of pan drippings on fish. Drizzle vinaigrette over fish and vegetables.