- 2 pounds goat meat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons West Indian Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 Scotch bonnet or habanero chiles, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 vegetable oil
- 3 cups water
In a large bowl, combine the goat meat, masala, salt, cardamoom, pepper, garlic onions, tomatoes, green onions, and chiles and mix well. Allow the meat to marinate for 1 hour.
Remove the meat from the seasonings and reserve the thre seasonings. In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Add the meat and sauté until lightly browned. Add the water, cover, and simmer until the goat is very tender, about 1 hour, adding more water if necessary as the meat cooks.
Return the reserved seasonings to the meat mixture, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.