- 3 1/2 Cups flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 container (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- McCormick® Black Food Color
- Assorted decorations, such as black string licorice, black jelly beans, chocolate wafer cookies, miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces and gum drops
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed.
Add chocolate; mix well.
Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness.
Cut out rounds with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter.
Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are set.
Cool on baking sheets 1 minute.
Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Tint frosting black with 1/2 teaspoon black food color.
Spread onto cooled cookies.
To decorate cookies to resemble cat faces, use miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces for the eyes, jelly beans for the nose, gumdrops for the mouth, string licorice for the whiskers and cut-up chocolate wafers for the ears.