Prep Time: 4 hours (hands off)
Cook Time: About 30 minutes
Total Time: About 4 hours 30 minutes
1 1/2 cups raw cashews, soaked
1 1/2 cups almonds
16 pitted dates
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1 cup strawberries, chopped
1 cup blueberries
Shredded coconut, to garnish
Lemon zest, to garnish
1. Cover your cashews in water and allow them to soak for at least 4 hours.
Tip: You can prep the day before. I just let the cashews sit in my fridge overnight.
2. To make the crust, place your almonds in a food processor and churn away until they reach a fine, mealy consistency. Add 10 of your dates and process until the mixture combines.
3. Press the mixture into a tart or pie pan and set in the freezer until you’re ready to fill it.
4. Drain your cashews from the water and place them in the food processor. Add the almond milk, vanilla, lemon juice, salt and the remaining 6 dates. Process until very smooth. Store in the fridge until you’re ready to assemble the tart.
5. To assemble, pour the cashew cream into the crust and spread evenly toward the edges.
6. Top the cream with the strawberries and blueberries, then sprinkle the shredded coconut and lemon zest on top. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: