Historic Site, Food Court
1 Faneuil Hall Sq (btwn Clinton & Chatham)
Boston, MA 02109
- "As I learned the hard way, this place doesn't sell a single piece of Quincy Jones memorabilia. A single piece! VISIT AT YOUR OWN RISK." - Conan O'Brien
- This pavilion was constructed 18241826 & named in honor of Mayor Josiah Quincy, who organized the construction without any tax or debt. It stretches 365 feet & led to the opening of six new streets.
- Like shopping? eating? drinking? meeting old friends? new friends? crafts? music? street entertainment? its all here! Plan on spending a whole day in this marketplace and surrounding area...
- check out the break dancers on Saturday afternoons. a great show!
- The marketplace gets more visitors annually than Disney's Magic Kingdom. It's one of the 9 local tourist traps we think that Bostonians really do enjoy. Click the link to find the others.
- More visitors per year than Disneyworld (18 million plus). Contains >140 restaurants, shops, pubs. Market building designed similar to London's Covent Garden w/22' Doric columns. More info in our blog
- Shows at Quincy Market are fun
- Clam chowder in a bread bowl. 'Nuff said.
- FYI, it's pronounced Quin'-zee. Not Quin-see.
- Lobster roll at Boston Chowda is to die for. Incredible fresh lobster
- If you're in Boston you must visit Quincy Market and around!
- Don't expect too much flavor, it's just a huge fancy food court. No market at all.
- Check out the shows. They're hilarious and fun.
- Eating lobster Mac and cheese pie. Yummy
- One giant food court.
- Great clam chowder in bread bowl
- Too hard to resist
- Walk through the center of Quincy Market and snack on all of the free samples. I usually get Megumi chicken at the far end!
- The food is awesome. There are so many choices; Greek, Indian, pizza, lobster, Japanese, you never eat the same thing twice in a row.
- Great atmosphere. Variety of places to eat.