$ $ $
323 E 79th St (1st & 2nd Aves.)
New York, NY 10075
- Tough to beat the trout with pommes frites and a glass of Cote du Rhone. The goat cheese salad is crave-able.
- The Mayer is in the house!! He comes here every couple of months. Very nice guy!!
- Duck Confit has been doin' it right since about 1990 for me. Chicory salad also top notch. Great neighborhood joint.
- Just so-so service + food & over-priced for brunch. No wonder barely anyone was there.
- The grilled chicken was always to die for. Now it was good but did not meet our expectation. I think the old crowd does not hold them to the old time standard.
- Trout grilled. Good but not the outstanding dish of old days.
- Loved the atmosphere, clearly reminded me of actual French bistros. Great boeuf bourgignon although in my opinion putting lard in it is cheating :) All in all, pretty enjoyable experience.
- The food is authentic French food, pricy, the Profiteroles are to die for.
- The food is good, even very good (if at prices unrecognizable to anyone who's eaten at a bistro in France). Staff are old school helpful, the diners older school still, and the owners are delightful.
- Excellent and consistent for the past twenty years
- Everything is delicious. Food tastes even better when your date is cute
- Take it from devout regulars and order from the specials if its your first time here; their Duck Confit is good but youll fare better with a less classic dish
- Kevin is the sexiest bartender on the UES.