Post Office Square
Congress St. (btwn Franklin & Milk)
Boston, MA 02110
- Creature Pond. Bronze pond sculpture was 1982 addition to park and is covered with a variety of creatureshence its clever name. Is actually the work of not 1 but 9 artists.Full site history via<LINK>
- Bring a lunch, grab a cushion and people watch while taking in the nice weather and beautiful water fountain.
- Great place to sit out and eat lunch on a nice day
- Immanent Circumstance consists of 2 fountains. Sculptured by RI artist Howard Ben Tre. Larger fountain complemented by smaller urn one (located at opposite ends of park). Full site history via<LINK>
- Angell Memorial Fountain dedicated to founder MA Society for Prevention of Animal Cruelty, George Thorndike Angell. When introduced (1912) was also watering hole for horses.Full site history via<LINK>
- Also referred to as Norman B. Leventhal Park after a former building developer within area. Was formerly where manufacturers of rope for ships resided in 1700s. Full site history via<LINK>
- Best place to eat during summer lunches
- It's so beautiful in the summer! I love to go sit in the shade and eat my lunch, with everyone milling around and appreciating a fine day
- Little black tables are for Sip only, but plenty of space on the green. Grab a cushion!
- You can watch the Verizon workers on strike walk in a circle, carry signs & whoop n' holler...
- In 1868 George Thorndike Angell, a prominent Boston lawyer, founded the MA Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. The monument here is commemorated in honor of his hard work.
- Great for stretching out in the sun on a nice day!
- Beautiful! Love how it is lit up during the holidays.
- Best place to escape the summer heat and people watch!
- Warched ghost busters 2 being filmed here. Pretty cool
- Cool spot to sit and read
- Great spot to have a mini picnic or read a book either by the fountain or the grassy area. A little urban oasis amidst all of the hustle and bustle of the skyscrapers nearby.
- It's a wonderful place for a stroll or to relax and enjoy the park.
- Live music Mondays and Wednesday's 12-2
- Copley square