Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
½ pound dried Asian noodles, cooked al dente
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 ½ pounds cubed pork
2 heads bok choy, cleaned and separated
½ medium onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons chopped ginger
2 cups sliced mushrooms (shiitake are delicious if they are in your budget)
¼ cup water
½ cup oyster sauce
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup sliced green onions, plus additional for garnish
1 lime as garnish
1. Cube the pork, chop the bok choy, mince the ginger and garlic, and dice the onion.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the oil, and then stir in the pork and garlic. Add soy sauce after about 4 minutes. Cook until the pork is browned and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Set pork aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add oil, mushrooms and onions. Add oyster sauce and chopped ginger. After a couple of minutes, add bok choy. Sauté for 2-3 minutes longer, until onions are translucent and vegetables are cooked.
4. Once vegetables are cooked, stir in pork and noodles. Toss in green onions, and cook until the noodles are heated, 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat. Plate, and garnish with green onions and a squeeze of lime to taste.
Check out more good stuff from Spoon University here: