Beach, Surf Spot
2440 Hoonani Rd
Po‘ipū, HI 96756
- Walk across the tombolo.
- poipu beach is a great relaxing spot with some good snorkeling and a nice beach to lay out on. bring a few treats for the roaming beach chickens and get some shave ice!
- I like turtles!
- monk seal came up on the beach in front of Kiahuna
- Great place for snorkeling. As you look out toward the ocean, go on the right of the rocks, not the left. You'll see more fish there.
- Nice beach. Surfing, snorkeling, and yes, chickens.
- Visit this beach and eat across the street at Brennecke's Beach Broiler. Try the Mai-Tai with local Koloa rum.
- There's a little sandbar right off of the beach, a perfect place to catch the sunset. Just be careful of the little waves that might get you more wet than expected!
- The far east end of the beach is awesome for little keiki.
- Po'ipu Beach has an area for little kids, shallow & protected. My 41/2 year old nephew and I both snorkeled for the first time there! (I went to the right of the little island that juts out)
- Great place to snorkel and relax :-) parking can be a pain so come early
- Best beach in Kauai! Saw a beached seal, great sunset, and good snorkeling place
- Awesome waves, but crowded surf during the day
- For those fools. Don't STAND ON THE ROCKS OR REEDS. FISH LIVE THERE. JUST BECAUSE U HAVE FINS
- Great snorkeling and if you're lucky you may see a turtle or seal
- Great snorkeling beach - the reef keeps the wave action low for snorkelers and kids. A good family beach
- Shade underneath the palm tree by the showers in the am
- Fantastic spot for the little ones, where the parents can sigh a little less due to the clear water, shallow depth and spacious sand area to play.
- Beautiful beach with parking, bathrooms, playground, and safe areas to swim and snorkel. Highly recommended
- Great place to see beached monk seals!