- 3 cloves medium garlic, minced
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 pound lean sirloin beef
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup canned unsweetened mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup packaged chow mein noodles
In a large bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, oil and hoisin sauce; add steak. Marinate in refrigerator for 2–4 hours, or up to overnight. Remove steak to a plate; reserve marinade.
Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil steak for 8 minutes on each side for medium, or longer until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak and slice into thin strips.
Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute more.
To serve, place 2 cups of greens on each of 4 plates. Top each with about 3 ounces of steak, ¼ cup of oranges and 1 heaping tablespoon of noodles; drizzle each salad with about 1 ½ tablespoons of cooked and cooled marinade.