1549 W Division St
Chicago, IL 60642
- Everything here is fantastic. Order the zoupa or pierogis and make sure you get a glass of the home made beet juice.
- Get either the white borsch or cabbage soup, potato pancakes and mixed pierogis!
- Best potato pancakes EVER... Let the servers do their thing and guide you in this Polish-food adventure. www.brinkmagonline.com
- Best cabbage soup around!
- The server (owner?) has a plan for first-time diners, and he did well. Who needs a menu?
- Quite simply everything is amazing. The owner won't let you leave hungry. Great old school atmosphere too
- This place is perfect and my f your not sure what to order just ask the server they will take great care of you and the food is amazing
- Nothing fancy to look at but OH SO DEELISH. Soups are soooo good; served with sides of fresh Polish bread and butter. Also love their nalesniki (blintzes). And their cutlets. And oh so affordable!
- Best potato pancakes I've ever had
- I'm not exactly an expert on polish cuisine, but this place has always taken care of me for an excellent price!
- I agree with BRINK Magazine: Let the servers guide you on what to get unless you are super well versed in Polish cuisine. They will not disappoint. Truly an amazing meal. Oh...and show up HUNGRY.
- There is no plave just like this place anywhere near this place, so this must be the place.
- Mushroom soup. Do not leave home without it.
- Amazing pierogis, sour borscht soup, and hospitality!! Felt like I was back in Poland
- I love the pierogi at Podhalanka in Wicker Park. The place looks and feels like a VFW hall and the service can be spotty, but the pierogi are the closest thing to my grandma's in the city.
- Just let them tell you what to order. It'll be good.
- Very tasty pierogis. Warning: the owner (a middle age guy) will immediately tell you what to order and upsell you. Be confident about what you want!
- Try the zurek, or white borscht, a wonderfully silky soup with just enough sour, fortified with Polish sausage and cooked through garlic pieces that disintegrate on the palate.
- Check out the video review by Steve Dolinsky: http://youtu.be/TcZ6yADHUXk
- Kielbasa and potato pierogi. To-go or inside. Just do it.