Movie Theater, Arcade, Indie Movies
1049 Ponce de Leon Ave NE (btw N Highland Ave NE & Cleburne Terr NE)
Atlanta, GA 30306
- The Plaza Theatre is Atlanta's oldest continuously operating cinema; it opened in 1939 as an art deco theatre and then was an X-rated adult cinema & live burlesque show in the '70s (until 1983).
- I will have my Mayorship once more!
- Always watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show here on Fridays at 12 midnight.
- Support a historic theatre and benefit the Plaza Theatre Foundation each time you buy a movie ticket or make a purchase.
- Everyone should definitely come and see the Rocky Horror Picture Show every friday night because Lips Down On Dixie is an amazing cast full of amazing people!!!
- I'm Candice.
- Plaza opened its doors in 1939 & is the oldest continuously operated cinema in Atlanta. A non-profit Foundation was created to restore the theatre, promote independent film, & support the local arts.
- Actually, no, you CAN'T buy tickets early for Rocky Horror unless it's Halloween weekend. That's also the only weekend it sells out. Just get here by 11 any Friday night. you should have no problem.
- Monthly showing of The Room. "You're tearing me apart!"
- Beautiful theater. Deeply rooted in A Town history. AND the popcorn is salty and buttery throughout! ;)
- Great place for Indie and Cult films. They still do Rocky Horror!
- I love when Plaza shows classics! I've watched 'Meet Me in St. Louis' a bazillion times, but seeing it on the big screen last night was like seeing it for the first time...nothing like it...
- New ownership drastically changing this once great historic landmark. Business model is strictly corporate; no more arcade, no Spookshow, art deco charm all gone. Not to mention the longtime staff.
- I haven't been here in over 10 years...very interesting...rather vintage
- The Plaza Theatre shopping center was the first "mall" in Atlanta to have off-street parking.
- See "The Room" the last tuesday of the month, or "Rocky Horror Picture Show" every friday! Both are excellent films that encourage participation!
- Go see Rocky Horror by LDOD! They rock!
- Spend some time checking out all of the wonderful old movie posters that adorn the walls inside the main entrance. Also, be sure to check out the great collection of old school arcade games.
- Hippest theater in the city. They get a lot of stuff after Tara and MAC, but a lot of exclusives and the cult movie events are amazing!
- One of Atlanta's few truly historic landmarks. You MUST go see the weekly Rocky Horror Shows where you can physically do the Time Warp with men in corsets and stilettos ...simply fun & amazing!