Pikes Peak Cog Railway
Train, Scenic Lookout
- Make reservations, the train sells out often
- Drink plenty of water
- Make sure you try the fudge at the top of the mountain. It's delicious!
- Get a seat that faces uphill!!
- Water. Bring water. Extra H2O helps with altitude sickness
- It is COLD at the top. Don't board the train without first grabbing your jacket, blanket, etc from the car. Yes, even on the hottest day of summer.
- A great experience! Dress warmly and take precautions against altitude sickness ... it's a real thing!
- An experience that I will never forget!
- Take water and a heavy, wind proof coat with you. Dont miss the donuts at the top.
- Can't think of a better way to travel up to 14,000+ feet. Amazing views! Be sure to dress for changing weather. It may feel like summer at the bottom but its been known to snow up top, all year long.
- Limited Parking but nice parking attendants
- World famous fudge covered doughnuts $2.99ea by the fudge. Same world famous doughnuts by food court $.99ea you decide
- Website has 1-3 cheaper trains.. see discounts. Bring a jacket/sweter. Try for an uphill facing seat or get to know the passenger in front of you real well to swap on trip down.
- So beautiful!
- Bring oxygen...
- If you're at all unsure about your oxygen capacity, buy the oxy can at the gift shop. You can return it for a full refund if you end up not using it.
- We enjoyed the trip and the scenery however the conductor and tour guide were not as knowledgable as we would hope. Pointed out very few sights, points of interest.
- Pray you get a seat in the front bc 1.5 hours on those wooden chairs is uncomfortable if you're sitting anywhere else.
- There are pressed penny machines outside of the ticket booth, outside of the waiting room, and in the gift shop at the peak.
- Try to get Darryl as your tour guide!