144 Hicks St. (btw Union & President St)
Brooklyn, NY 11201
- It's BYOB but they charge you a $5.00 Corkage Fee. Plus you pay tax on a Corkage Fee. If this place had a liquor license I could see charging a fee. Seems like a way to rip people off to me.
- That's as good as any whole whitefish as I've ever had. Just outstanding.
- Sweat in the front room and have the most sensuous meal imaginable during summer months. -- the whole fish, mussels and fresh seasonal vegetable appetizers were all spot on. BYOB and cash only.
- Best restaurant in Brooklyn. Loved the cioppino and the oil they give you with the bread is amazing. Fish is so fresh. Will be coming back regularly.
- BYOB there is a wine store right on Union below Hicks
- Some of the best seafood around. No reservations, but well worth the wait.
- BYOB and there's a wine shop nearby.
- A charming, cozy place with an air of a French seaside town cafe. Small menu of only seafood; country-style simplicity but perfectly prepared. Fried oysters and thai seafood stew are great. BYOB.
- Cod w/ Thai curry is awesome!
- Salmon paillard.
- Fried oysters are a must to start the meal with!
- Simple fresh fish at baragain-basement prices and a charming atmosphere make a trip to this Columbia Street Waterfront District restaurant situated along the BQE worth the trek.
- Cod thai curry is awesome.
- I love the at home feel and attention this place offers. Try the Salmon Burger for Lunch: Excellent or if you're hungry the Thai Cod Curry is truly addictive.
- Romantic, cozy, BYOB, amazing fresh fish
- Grilled fresh fish is one step above the rest - wonderful crispy exterior with a charcoal grilled taste. Too often grilled seafood ends up with a soggy exterior but not here!
- Hidden gem. Great place to have a seafood dinner in a cozy homelike setting.
- Definitely BYOB, there is a wine shop around the corner! Their seafood is definitely among the best to be had in NYC!!
- Everything is excellent, plus it's byob. Make sure to check out the jazz club next door. Probably my favorite place in Brooklyn.
- Get the cioppino, best lobster I've ever had