Petersburg National Battlefield
Historic Site, Landmark, National Park
5001 Siege Rd
Petersburg, VA 23803
- I love it great place to learn some history
- One of the most interesting stories of the Civil War. Watch the intro movie at the visitors center and be sure to check out the mine and the crater during your visit.
- Plan on spending a good 3 or 4 hours so you can experience everything on the driving tour. The visitors center at the battlefield was very informational. Definitely worth the trip to Petersburg.
- Give yourself several hours to see it all. Lots of history. The driving tour was very easy and everything was well marked.
- The battlefield is well maintained with a large expanse of trails. The museum on site is small but pristine!
- A great place to spend less than an hour learning about the civil war.
- Nice and shady spot to park a ambulance while waiting for a run
- Ye a
- The Ft Lee entrance is NOT free. You are expected to pay an entrance fee unless you're in PTs between 0530 and 0730. Park rangers do come from time to time to ask for a pass! Happened to me!
- This is the wrong visitor center. Head to 5001 siege road.
- Enter inside Ft Lee for free if you have a DOD sticker or get a 24 hour pass.
- So much to see! Good driving tour, nice trails!