Peninsula State Park
State / Provincial Park
- Best state park in all of WI to go camping!
- Theres something for everyone at this park from 18 holes of golf to outdoor theatre. Eight miles of shoreline call to water lovers, while miles of bike trails make for a more rigorous workout.
- Why pay $5 for a hour pass when you can enter the park for free on highland rd
- If your looking for something to do in town, definitely check out Wilsons. Best ice cream and root beer ever!
- Play the golf course at the Ephriam entrance. You won't regret it.
- Eagle Tower was a real nice climb and amazing view. I say was because last fall when we were there it was closed due to safety and age. They do have a tower fund started to rebuild the tower.
- Take a hike
- Be prepared to pay to enter. Lovely park - gorgeous!!! Lots of places to stop and take pictures and look out over water!
- Great beach, hiking and biking trails. Bring your own bike or rent one at the park entrance.
- You absolutely have to stop at the nature center to feed the chickadees from your hand. My absolute favorite moment!
- Great park. So many wonderful things to do outdoors
- A must do! Eagle tower offers breathtaking views. Could spend all day here. Beach view of the lake!
- Nice hiking and biking trails. Eagle tower is always a blast also!
- Take the full bike ride. I know, it's long and hilly; but only the first 3/4 is uphill which means you get a wicked downhill speed fest near the end. Totally worth the effort.
- 600 series sites are the best opt for an even numbered site if you want a view of the water otherwise you will be by the main road . 600 series puts you close to the beach and boat launch.
- Bike riding
- Picnic supper.. Delightful
- Book your site for summer while there is snow on the ground to ensure you get a location that's fitting your needs
- Avoid like the plague on weekends. Parking for viewing tower is a joke. Make sure you check out overlook at Svens Bluff on Skyline drive.
- Rent a kayak or an aquabike for an hour.